A one-day course for anybody whose role includes
« meeting the press »
In today’s digital age, news travels fast – very fast ! Whatever you say can make or break the reputation of your company, cause the share price to soar or plummet, generate or kill business.
The key to a successful interview ? Preparation !
This course will enable you to understand the different types of media and how print, television, radio or on-line journalists operate in order to obtain a newsworthy story. You will be put on the spot in real-life situations, acquiring the confidence required to give impactful interviews and get your key messages over while remaining calm and professional.
- Prepare for interviews as you would for a sporting event : intensively
- Understanding the context and the journalist’s standpoint
- Identifying the audience(s) in order to get the desired message accross
- Foreseeing the « traps » in order to successfully overcome them – and turn them to your advantage
- Winning the journalist – and the audience – over to your side
- Don’t be afraid of blanks in the conversation – it’s the journalist’s role to fill them
What you say …
- You have a few seconds to convince : Ice breaking and “hook” techniques
- Be short, sweet and clear : don’t let details get in the way
- Speak « from the heart » to gain in credibility
… and what you don’t say
- Use your eyes, your face and your gestures to back up what you say, convey the required emotions
- Practice giving interviews
- With a journalist
- In the spotlight, in front of a camera and a microphone
This is an open course.
All Personnalité courses
can be tailored to address your company’s specific needs.
We also offer personalised coaching for individual requirements.
To find out more about how we can enable you to communicate effectively,
call us on +33 (0) 1 46 05 44 66